Saturday, January 12, 2008

How Katie Got Her Groove Back

Lucy is my friend, and I went clubbing with her tonight.

I like to dance at weddings, and sometimes other female attendants of these weddings tell me (often at the sinks in the restroom) that I am a bouncy dancer. I apologize to these ladiezzz, but I cannot stop the bouncing. I can jump high. I have strong calves. I am not sure if these are the cause or the result of my bouncy-style.

I digress. Obviously.

So, at the club tonight, I told Lucy that I think my bouncy dancing is representative of white folk. Two hours later, after witnessing my dancey-style, she told me that I do not dance like a white person at all. According to her, I am a soul-sister of Detroit.

Thank you. This is the nicest complement I have gotten since I was told I was "the bestest" a few nights ago.

I am back on the dancing scene. I think.

If I sound drunk, I doubt it. Tonight's drinking record:

- 1 glass of wine at 6:30 pm
- 1 gin and tonic at 11:30 pm
- A few slogs of a vodka cranberrry at 1:00 am

Lightweight.

Peace out.

Happy, Adrienne? I posteded.

5 comments:

king james version said...

Last time I went dancing, I discovered two things: dancing with a sore ankle is not an easy thing, and there are people in the world who look like Katie but who are not Katie.

Katie said...

since lucy is not an african american you have not yet acheived "soul sister status." you are still in wax off wax on stage. You must learn the ways of the soul. Only when you have been dubbed soul sister by an african american have you truly reached soul sister status. I know this, because I am african american.

Katie said...

since lucy is not an african american you have not yet acheived "soul sister status." you are still in wax off wax on stage. You must learn the ways of the soul. Only when you have been dubbed soul sister by an african american have you truly reached soul sister status. I know this, because I am african american.

This is Danielle posting as Katie.

Adrienne said...

Thank you, KT :) My blogging needs have been met today.

-T said...

White people aren't really "bouncy," they're more eratic in their movements, I think.

-T